Cabgolin 0.5 mg tablet is a medication that is employed in the management of hyperprolactinemia (abnormally high level of a hormone known as prolactin in the body). It is a drug that works by decreasing the levels of prolactin (a chemical that is responsible for the growth of the breast and the production of milk in females) in the body. The greater dose of this drug (1mg) is also used as a treatment of second-line for Parkinson’s disease (a brain disorder that causes uncontrolled movement).
Cabgolin 0.5 mg Tablet can be taken either with or with food. Follow the directions given by your physician. You should take the tablet every day at the same time to make it easier to remember. Don’t exceed the dosage recommended. Beware of discontinuing the medication without consulting your doctor because it may cause a worsening of your condition.
Uses of Cabgolin 0.5 mg Tablet
- Hyperprolactinemia is an illness in where your body produces an abnormally high amount of prolactin (a hormone that plays a role in the development of breasts and the production of milk in the women). In the case of Cabgolin 0.5 mg tablets is employed in treating Hyperprolactinemia.
- Parkinson’s disease is a neurological disorder that causes the body to move in a different way. The Cabgolin 0.5 mg tablet is utilize as a treatment of second-line for Parkinson’s disease with a dose of 1 mg.
Warnings for special population
- It Tablet is not recommended to use in pregnancy, unless absolutely necessary. Check with your physician before taking this medicine if are expecting.
- It Tablet is not advis for use when breastfeeding since it can reduce the production of milk. Talk to your doctor if are nursing.
- It tablet is not recommend in youngsters under 18 years because of the insufficient information on safety and efficacy.
- It tablet is not recommend to suppress milk production because of the higher possibility of severe side consequences such as hypertension, strokes and seizures.
Don’t miss the dosage for Tablet. Do not miss the dose when your memory allows. If you think it is time for your next dose, do not take the dose you missed. Don’t double your dose to cover the dose you missed.
Do not exceed the dose recommended. Take immediate medical care in the event of an excess dose of the Cabgolin 0.5 mg Tablet.
Take a Cabgolin 0.5 mg Tablet either with or without meals. Don’t break, chew or smash the tablets. Use the Tablet according to the directions given by your physician. Do not exceed the dosage recommended by your doctor.