Doxinate OD: Introduction to 24 tablets contain two drugs, namely Doxylamine in addition to Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine). The tablet is used for treating Nausea and Vomiting during Pregnancy (NVP). It is effective in preventing NVP during pregnancy and also provides nutritional support to pregnant mothers.
Therapeutic applications to Doxinate OD: Doxinate OD is a prescription drug that is utilized to treat NVP. It is only given by a licensed medical professional.
The indication is vomiting and nausea of pregnancy in women who have heavier than normal body weight and greater intensity of symptoms.
Dosage: one tablet prior to time of bed. In accordance with the severity of symptoms and body weight of the patient, take 1 tablet at the beginning of the day and at mid-afternoon, if needed.
How Doxinate OD Works
Doxinate OD drug is a mixture consisting of Doxylamine (antihistamine) as well as Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine). Doxylamine acts as an antihistamine which reduces the effects of histamine (a chemical messenger) and reduces nausea, vomiting, and dizziness. Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) is a type of vitamin B, which has anti-nausea properties as well as providing nutrients to the body.
The formula for delayed release and the dosage schedule gives 24 hour control of NVP symptoms. This stops the NVP from advancing to hyperemesis gravidarum. If administered at a young phase, Doxinate OD effectively alleviates NVP symptoms and enhances the patient’s health.
- Doxinate OD is an effective and effective medicine that can block chemical processes within your body that cause NVP and cause you to feel sick during pregnancy.
- It assists you to effectively control NVP that is caused by hormonal changes during pregnancy.
- Vitamin B6 found in it offers nutrition, decreases NVP and helps the development of your child’s brain and immune system.
Precautions While Taking Doxinate OD
- Use this medicine according to the directions. Don’t exceed the dosage recommended.
- The medicine should be taken at a specific time for greater efficacy.
- Use this medicine until you have completed the course. Do not stop taking the medication abruptly, even if your body is better.
- Discuss any other allergies, medications and medical conditions with your doctor prior to beginning to take it.
The adverse effects associated with Doxinate OD tablets fade as your body adjusts to the medication. However, it is advisable to consult with your physician if symptoms continue to persist. A few of the most frequent adverse reactions of it 24 tablets include:
- Dry the mouth
How to Take Doxinate OD
Doxinate OD tablets come with a special coating that allows for delayed release. So, don’t break or crush the tablets. Take the entire tablet prior to eating or after eating in the same order each day, or as directed by your physician.