About Lupride Depot 22.50 mg
Lupride Depot 22.50 mg contains Leuprolide which belongs to the class of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonists. It is an artificial hormone that functions like GnRH that is creat by the hypothalamus gland located in the brain.
It does this by preventing the production of the male hormone that is naturally produced testosterone in men, and estrogen in females. This method of reducing levels of hormones can reduce the growth of cancer cells for prostate cancer in males and reduces the risk of breast cancer in women.
Benefits of Lupride Depot 22.50 mg
It helps treat prostate cancer for men, endometriosis for women, and the precocious phase of puberty (early puberty) in children. The Lupride Depot 22.50 mg INJECTION is an artificial hormone that functions like GnRH that is produced by the hypothalamus nerve located in the brain.
It is an anti-neoplastic, or anti-cancer agent, Lupride Depot 22.50 mg helps in lowering testosterone levels in males that aid in stopping the growth of cancerous prostate cancer cells. The Lupride Depot 22.50 mg decreases the oestrogen (a hormone essential to growth and control of female reproductive system as well as secondary gender characteristics) amounts in females and which aids in the reduction of endometriosis and breast cancer.
- Prostate cancer
- Breast cancer that is hormone-responsive in menopausal (around menopausal) women
- Endometriosis (a painful disease where the tissue that usually covers the inside of your uterus becomes outwards from the uterus)
- Central Precocious Puberty (a child’s body starts to transform into an adult prematurely due to a release of hormones)
- Weight changes
- Hot flushes
- Muscle weakness
- Bone Pain
- Loss of interest in sexual intercourse
- Inability to have an erection
- Difficulty sleeping
- Breast tenderness