About Malegra FXT (Sildenafil Citrate/Fluoxetine)
Malegra FXT contains both sildenafil and fluoxetine. Sildenafil is a PDE-5 inhibitor, meaning it increases blood flow to the penis. Fluoxetine, also known as a selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI), helps increase serotonin levels within the brain.
Malegra FXT treats erectile dysfunction (ED) and premature ejaculation. The medication is not a remedy for either condition but it can improve symptoms.
It should take 30 minutes prior to sexual activity. You can take it with or without food. However, avoiding foods high in fat is recommended as these can slow down absorption.
- It is important to wash down this oral medication with water. Malegra FXT is a soluble tablet that dissolves quickly when it comes into contact with water.
- Malegra is a combination of two agents, with a dosage containing 100mg Sildenafil, and 60mg Fluoxetine.
- This is a medicine that is only taken when needed. It should not take every day like other medications.
- One pill of Malegra should only take within a 24-hour period. Overdosing can result in severe side effects and overdosing.
- Body ache
- Pain in the back
- Loose motions, nausea, and vomiting
- Blurring of vision
Use of Malegra FXT:
Dosage and duration should take as prescribed by your doctor. It should swallow whole. It is not to chew, crushed, or broken. Malegra Tablet can be taken with or without food. It is best to take the tablet at a fixed time.
How Malegra FXT works?
Sildenafil is a phosphodiesterase inhibitor, whereas fluoxetine belongs to a group of drugs known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibits (SSRI). Sildenafil increases blood flow in the penis resulting in a longer, harder erection. fluoxetine, on the other hand, delays ejaculation through improved serotonin secretion, which is associated with orgasm.
How to take Malegra FXT pills?
It is a combination of 100 mg sildenafil, and 60 mg fluoxetine. One pill is enough to take 30 minutes prior to sexual activity. Take the entire pill, with water. It is best to do this on an empty stomach. Assimilation of the medication can delay by food.