The active ingredient used in the making of Megalis 20mg is called Tadalafil and is mainly used to treat sexual dysfunctionality in men such as erectile dysfunction or Impotence and premature ejaculation.
Erectile dysfunction is a condition that every man goes through once in a lifetime. This is a condition where men don’t get an erection or maintain one throughout intercourse in response to sexual stimulation.
Before understanding how ED occurs in men, it’s important that you know how the mechanism of erection works in men.
Basically, nerve signals start to trigger the penis when a person is sexually aroused. The corpora cavernosal’s muscles relax as a result of brain and local nerve impulses, allowing blood to enter and fill the spaces. the enhanced pressure of blood in the corpora cavernosa causes the penis to enlarge and induce an erection.
Now, if you are suffering from impotency this mechanism will be disrupted by the insufficient flow of blood to your genitals. Let’s see other details about Megalis 20mg.
Uses And Benefits of Megalis 20mg
Megalis is used for the treatment of sexual dysfunctions in men for instance Erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. Additionally, it aids in curing enlarged prostate and pulmonary hypertension.
Speaking about benefits, Megalis 20mg pills are a member of the class of drugs known as PDE5 inhibitors. The blood vessels in your penis are relaxed as a result of it. When sexually aroused, this enables blood to flow into the penis and cause a harder erection. This medicine can only assist you in getting an erection when you are sexually stimulated. Although it must be taken at least 30 minutes before sexual activity, it is quite effective.
Side Effects Of Megalis 20mg
The majority of adverse effects are temporary and go away as your body becomes used to the medication. If they persist or you’re concerned about them, speak with your doctor. The following are some common side effects,
- Flushing (feeling of warmth in the cheeks, ears, neck, and trunk)
- distorted vision
- muscle ache
- uneasy stomach
How To Use Megalis 20mg?
Megalis comes in many forms such as oral tablets or capsules, disintegrating strips, oral jelly, and mouth-dissolving tablets. Follow the directions thoroughly given by your doctor.
- If it is in oral tablet form swallow it as a whole with a full glass of water, without crushing it or breaking it in half.
- If you are using disintegrating strips, keep them in your mouth till it dissolves completely.
- Jelly: Allow the jelly to dissolve by placing it in your mouth or under your tongue.
- Lastly, if it’s mouth-dissolving tablets, without using any water, place the pill on the tongue and allow it to dissolve or fall apart.
How Does Megalis 20mg Work?
Tadalafil, which is present in Megalis 20 mg tablets, works to maintain an erection by relaxing blood vessels and enhancing blood flow to the male reproductive organ during sexual stimulation.
- Hypotension: A abrupt fall in blood pressure is referred to as hypotension. This medication may briefly and mildly lower blood pressure because it relaxes blood vessels to promote smooth circulation. Be careful if you’re using it in addition to prescription medication to lower your blood pressure.
- Breastfeeding or Pregnancy: First things first: ladies should not take this medication. Make sure to receive the right usage instructions from your doctor if you are a man suffering from ED. Your doctor might advise you to stay away from this medication if your partner is expecting a child or nursing one because it will negatively impact the child’s health.
- Surgery: Discuss all of your current medications with your doctor before scheduling any type of surgery because the Megalis’ active ingredient has a very negative interaction with anesthesia. Alternatively, employ caution when using Megalis 10mg tablets if you recently underwent heart or kidney surgery.
- Priapism: Priapism, an erection that lasts longer than four hours and is uncomfortable and painful. A limited number of persons who take Megalis 20mg tablets might experience priapism. If the condition is not treated quickly, it may permanently harm the penile tissues and reduce a man’s sexual potency. Use Megalis with additional caution in these situations. A four-hour or longer erection must be addressed straight soon.
- Children’s use: It is not advisable for children under the age of 18 to use tablets since the safety and efficacy of this drug have not been established in clinical research for minor use.
- Counseling and Therapy: There are two possible primary causes of ED: psychological or physiological. If using oral medications doesn’t help your situation, attempt counseling or therapy instead, which can treat psychological problems like depression or performance anxiety.
In case you have missed or forgotten any dose of Megalis 20mg, continue with your regular schedule and skip the missed dose. Try not to increase the dosage. The implications of upping the amount on your own could be severe, including a lifetime inability to have an erection.
Substitutes Of Megalis 20mg
Speak with your doctor and ask for an alternative medicine or a dosage increase if Megalis 20mg isn’t helping you out. These are a few Megalis substitutes.
- This is a medication prescribed for treating ED in men, don’t take other ED medication simultaneously with Megalis 20.
- Refrain from taking it more than once per day.
- It’s advisable to take Megalis 20 an hour before engaging in sexual activity. However, you can also take it anywhere between 30 and 4 hours before engaging in sexual activity.
- The symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate) gland’s urinary system may also be treated with it.
- Avoid consuming alcohol and grapefruit juice since they both affect your ability to get an erection and exacerbate dizziness.
- If the erection continues for more than four hours following sexual activity, seek medical assistance.
- If you have recently used nitrates (medications used to treat angina or chest discomfort), if you have recently experienced a heart attack, a stroke, or heart failure within the previous three months, you should not take Megalis 20 Tablets.
Interaction With Drugs
Some prescription and OTC medications and Megalis 20 might interact with one another. So that a safe dose plan can devise to avoid drug interactions, it is crucial that you discuss the drugs you are taking with your doctor.
- Nitroglycerine (Leonite and Nitrogal)
- Isosorbide Dinitrate (Isocrate and Cardicap)
- Isosorbide Mononitrate (Monopark and Angitrate)