We will answer all of your questions about sildenafil medicine in this article. Understand the facts and myths surrounding sildenafil.
There is so much misconception regarding the use of sildenafil so hang tight because we are going to clear all of them. So let’s start with the basics…
Table Of Content
- What Is Sildenafil?
- How Does Sildenafil Work?
- How Long Does Sildenafil Remain In Your System?
- Is Sildenafil As Good As Viagra?
- How To Take Sildenafil?
- Side Effects Of Sildenafil:
- Drug Interactions With Sildenafil
What Is Sildenafil?
Sildenafil is a tablet made up of an active ingredient called sildenafil citrate. Which is a generic version of another ED drug called Viagra. The oldest known drug to treat erectile dysfunction in men.
Now you might be wondering what Erectile dysfunction is. So in essence, ED, or impotence as it is often known, is a condition that affects men at least once in their lifetime. When men find it challenging to achieve a firm erection during sexual stimulation or engagement. And many times it is also accompanied by premature ejaculation; another kind of sexual dysfunction.
The original version of Sildenafil citrate i.e, Viagra was first developed by Pfizer a pharma company in 1998. After Pfizer’s patent over this erectile dysfunction medication expired in 2013, several pharmaceutical companies began creating generic versions of Viagra, which are less expensive yet function just as well.
Because of their physical appearance, these tablets (Sildenafil) are often called as ‘Blue Pills’.
How Does Sildenafil Work?
PDE5, a specific enzyme located in the vascular smooth muscles of the male genitals, is blocked by sildenafil citrate. This reduces the major cause of erectile dysfunction by enabling smooth blood flow to the penile region. Thus, an erection is normally attained during sexual stimulation. It does not spontaneously induce an erection and may not show up in the absence of adequate sexual stimulation. In short, sildenafil simply interferes with the body’s natural erection-inducing systems, which accounts for its enormous popularity. If sildenafil doesn’t work for you try taking Super P Force or Nizagara 100.
How Long Does Sildenafil Remain In Your System?
A person’s body retains sildenafil citrate for about 24 hours.
The desired effect, however, can be noticed for as long as six hours. To have a satisfying time in bed, it is advised to take this tablet at least 30 to 60 minutes prior to planned sexual activity. But if the effect lasts more than 6 hours immediately consult your doctor because it may lead to permanent damage to your genitals.
Is Sildenafil As Good As Viagra?
As we discussed earlier the active ingredient used in both of these tablets are the same but the only thing that differs is cost. And you don’t have to worry about anything if you are taking this medicine. Because generic versions are always released in the market after getting the approval of the FDA(Food and Drug Administration) before giving the green signal, FDA examines all the ingredients and processes used for making all the generic tablets for instance Malegra 100 and Vigora 100.
Plus FDA personally keeps eye on this market. But the primary responsibility is yours, always take these medicines after consulting a registered doctor or physician.
How To Take Sildenafil?
Basically, you can take the tablets empty stomach for at least 30 to 60 minutes before engaging in any sexual activity. But you can take it with meals too but make sure it’s something light without fat and oil because fatty meals will delay the effects and it may take longer than usual to get a hard erection.
- Do not consume alcohol at any cost while you are on these tablets will counteract the effects of a drug.
- Avoid grapefruits or grapefruit juice as it acts the same as alcohol.
- Do not crush or chew or break this pill in half. Take it as strictly as your doctor directs.
- However, nowadays chewable tablets are also available in the market that can be taken with food and it will not delay the effect.
- If you are taking an oral pill, take it with a whole glass of water.
Side Effects Of Sildenafil:
Speaking of side effects it may differ from person to person depending upon the nature of their body. However, there are not any serious side effects but let’s take a look at some of them:
- Runny and stuffed nose
- Nausea (avoid spicey food)
- Heartburn (very rare)
Another such side effect is a long-lasting and painful erection which is also known as Priapism. Though it is very rare if you are experiencing this, immediately stop taking this drug and contact the nearest medical emergency service.
Drug Interactions With Sildenafil
Drug interactions could alter how your drugs function or raise the possibility of major negative side effects.
Make note of every medication you use, including herbal supplements, prescription, and over-the-counter medications, and provide it to your doctor so that they can prescribe you the medication and dosage accordingly.
- Do not take nitrate-class drugs with sildenafil such as isosorbide and nitroglycerin as it can lead to a sudden drop in blood pressure which can also result in cardiac arrest or stroke.
- Also, avoid drugs called ‘Poppers’.
- You know ED can be a result of Enlarged prostate too. So if are already taking alpha-blockers such as Tamsulosin or Doxazosin, avoid taking high doses of sildenafil. Initially, your doctor will start with a minimal dosage to treat your ED.
- Other such classes that will badly interact with Sildenafil citrate are HIV protease inhibitors, Azole antifungals, and macrolide antibiotics.
- If you’re using this drug for erectile dysfunction (ED), pulmonary hypertension, or any other condition, do not take it with any other sildenafil-containing products such as Fildena 120 and Cenforce 150.
The symptoms of erectile dysfunction or impotence can be treated with sildenafil, a highly effective medication. It can be simply purchased from a drugstore or internet retailer like Medic Scales without a prescription.
Even though this medication treats erectile dysfunction safely and effectively, it should only be used in dire circumstances. This medication is not recommended for recreational use. Having a healthy sex life is vital, but so is being safe.
Discuss with your physician about the potential adverse effects and look into alternate erectile dysfunction therapies if you feel you are unable to limit your sildenafil intake.
Who Can Prescribe Viagra?
Most nations prohibit the sale of Viagra without a prescription, but today in the UK we might notice the first attempt to change things by selling Viagra following a straightforward consultation at the drugstore. Additionally, there is yet another way to lawfully get Viagra without visiting a doctor. Telemedicine is the solution. For a legitimate prescription and to get ED medications that will be delivered directly to your door, you can take advantage of an online consultation offered by several online pharmacies and services.
What Is Sildenafil Good For?
Worldwide sildenafil is used to cure two main issues regarding human health i.e, pulmonary artery disease and Erectile dysfunction. However, premature ejaculation is part of ED only so it can be treated with this particular medicine.